CLASSICAL ACTION MISSION STATEMENT
Classical Action: Performing Arts Against AIDS is a program of Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS. Funds raised by Classical Action are distributed through Broadway Cares to AIDS and family-service organizations nationwide and to the essential social service programs of The Actors Fund. The Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS information below is inclusive of Classical Action’s efforts.
bROADWAY CARES/EQUITY FIGHTS AIDS
In a manner at all times consistent with the exclusive charitable and educational purposes of BC/EFA within the meaning of Section 501 (c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code:
• To mobilize the unique abilities within the entertainment industry to mitigate the suffereing of individuals affected by HIV/AIDS;
• To ensure direct support specifically through the social services and programs of the actors fund to all individuals in the entertainment industry affected by critical health issues, including but not limited to HIV/AIDS;
• To support organizations across the country which provide treatment or services for people specifically affected by HIV/AIDS and their families;
• To promote and encourage public support for national and international programs and services which benefit people with HIV/AIDS;
• To increase public awareness and understanding of HIV/AIDS through the creation and dissemination of educational materials;
• To support efforts by the entertainment industry to address other critical health issues or respond to an emergency, in each case as approved by the board of trustees;
• To support efforts by the entertainment industry in other charitable or educational endeavors, in each case as approved by the board of trustees.
Approved by the BC/EFA Board of Trustees, May 27, 2010